Republished with Permission from RDT Content Marketing, LLC
If you have a niche specialty, it’s important to flaunt it. You want people to know what you do and the benefits you offer so when an opportunity arises, you are the one they turn to for help. LinkedIn provides one of the best and most cost-effective tools to promote a niche. It helps you establish your expertise, build relationships with your network and reach new audiences. To make the most of LinkedIn, take these steps:
1. Optimize your LinkedIn profile. First, your profile should be complete and up-to-date, including an updated photo, a compelling headline that accurately describes your niche, a summary that highlights your experience and expertise, and recommendations from people you have worked with. Also add relevant skills, certifications, publications or projects related to your niche. Finally, use relevant keywords in your description to make your profile easy to find.
2. Build and engage with your LinkedIn network. Connect with other professionals relevant to your niche. Go through your email contacts to make sure you are connected on Linkedin, send invitations to new people you meet networking and search for individuals online that may be good contacts. Use LinkedIn’s advanced search feature and join LinkedIn groups to find other professionals in your niche or complementary to your business. Once you’re connected, regularly engage with them by liking, commenting, or sharing their posts; congratulating them on their achievements or milestones; and offering assistance or suggested resources.
3. Share relevant content. You should share helpful high-quality content on LinkedIn that demonstrates your knowledge and experience in your niche, such as articles, blog posts, videos, presentations and other content you create. You can also provide curated content from third parties. Offering valuable information helps build credibility and trust and establishes you as an authority in your niche.
4. Participate in LinkedIn groups. Joining a group relevant to your niche is a way to connect and build relationships with other professionals who are interested in the same audience you are targeting. Initiate conversations, ask and answer questions from other group members and share helpful content without pitching your services to position yourself as a trusted resource.
5. Use LinkedIn ads. Advertising on LinkedIn can be expensive but it does offer numerous opportunities to target your ads to specific audiences based on their job title, industry and other demographics. While advertising can help you build your brand in your niche, often it’s more effective and less expensive to focus on a very specific goal. For example, you can advertise a webinar that will generate leads for your firm as well as promote your expertise.
6. Create and promote LinkedIn events. Use LinkedIn to promote your events and encourage people to register. This helps expand your visibility as an expert and bring in new leads.
If you have a niche, you need to use multiple strategies to promote it effectively. But make sure you take advantage of Linkedin most of all because it offers one of the best returns on investment you can get in marketing.
Need help with your marketing, contact us for a free consultation.